A recent Gartner survey found that more than two thirds of employees are using personal devices at work, and we’re seeing similar stats with our customers: enterprises are embracing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) devices. That’s why we’re giving more control to AlFa Suite customers with enhancements to Alfa Mobile Management, adding several new iOS features for enterprise security, including the popular feature request for managed corporate contacts.
- About Managed Corporate Contacts
- Easy setup of contacts during MDM setup. The user’s corporate contacts are synced automatically when an iOS device is compliant, and no longer available when a device goes out of compliance.
- Searching and calling contacts from the global address list (GAL) is possible from the native iOS phone app. Additionally, native email, calendar, contacts iOS apps can look up your GAL contacts.
- Caller ID is supported when receiving a call from a user’s corporate contact.
- If your organization requires your users to use 2-step verification or you use a 3rd-party SSO provider, your users will no longer need to use an App password when accessing their corporate contacts on the iOS device
- If the client requests to block or wipe the account, the user’s corporate contacts are no longer available and they no longer have access to the GAL.
In addition to these changes, we’re also adding or updating the following device restriction policies:
- Managed apps: Manage app author, settings and storage
- Account configuration: Automatically configure AlFa account on iOS to sync contacts, calendar
- Safari: Manage Safari browser settings
- Photos: Manage photo sharing on iOS
- Advanced security: Allow screenshots and screen recording, Siri, Apple Watch, and more
We hope this makes it easier for AlFa Suite customers to manage iOS users for their Business. Look out for more exciting MDM updates in the future.
[service_box animation=”fadeInUp” title=””]
. . . Free Preview . . .